Benjamin Franklin once said: “A penny saved is a penny earned.” Saving even a small amount of money each month can help you achieve your goals. With that in mind, even though it is still summer, now is the perfect time to invest in something significant that won’t cost you an arm and a leg, yet it will serve your home a vital purpose during the upcoming winter months. For instance, it is really a shame not to take advantage of the cheap patio heaters offered online today.
Patio heaters warm the area around them by using radiant heat, making them perfect for the chilly fall-winter nights. They are not designed to maintain specific temperature, but to alleviate the flow of cold air. Both pricey and cheap patio heaters produce heat in one of the following two ways: they either heat an element using electricity or burn a natural gas or propane.
The traditional full size patio heaters, as well the table top patio heaters have the power to heat in all directions, while other types of patio heaters produce heat for one specific area alone. The latter are much more preferred as they heat only the area they are pointed towards.
However, the biggest dividing line between patio heaters comes from the force behind – whether they run on electricity or gas:
Electric Patio Heaters
- Electric patio heaters come in a wide range of designs: free standing, mounted, ceiling mounted, and convertible from wall to floor mounted, which makes them the number one choice among many households.
- Electric patio heaters are extremely lightweight, they work silently and when compared to gas heaters, the former are more affordable option for a patio.
- With electric heaters you needn’t worry about running out of fuel. They only need one spark – the one triggered by the press of your finger.
- Since most of them offer a targeted direct heat, they are perfect for warming up a specific area.
- There’s no need to worry about the wind. The heat will stay unaffected, unlike the one from gas heaters.
Gas Patio Heaters
- Gas heaters are suitable for heating up enclosed outdoor bar areas or patios. When sitting close to a gas heater, you can get the same pleasant sensation as sitting in the sun.
- Gas heaters are ideal for places where electricity is not available.
- Since it does not require installation, you can freely move it anywhere you like.
- Using gas heaters is simple and quick. You just need to install the canister and turn it on.
- The greatest advantage of gas patio heaters is that many of them use the same canisters as gas barbecues, so if you already have one, you will kill two birds with one stone.